I realize this is a section for reviews but this being a sort of review I thought it would fit here. What I am wondering, besides what is offered in Batam, what would you like to see that isn't already offered or perhaps isn't represented properly?

What does Batam lack in Restaurant offerings. Maybe not the dish you like and everyone else runs away from but what would be successful en mass in your opinion?

Thanks
I realize this is a section for reviews but this being a sort of review I thought it would fit here. What I am wondering, besides what is offered in Batam, what would you like to see that isn't already offered or perhaps isn't represented properly? <br /> <br /> What does Batam lack in Restaurant offerings. Maybe not the dish you like and everyone else runs away from but what would be successful en mass in your opinion? <br /> <br /> Thanks
the selection is ambysmal at the moment. even the half-decent places have problems with food freshness, due to unreliable power supply and refrigeration.

any restaurant in batam wanting to call itself "good" must have backup power supply, good refrigeration, fresh food, and employees who care about food safety.
the selection is ambysmal at the moment. even the half-decent places have problems with food freshness, due to unreliable power supply and refrigeration.<br /> <br /> any restaurant in batam wanting to call itself &quot;good&quot; must have backup power supply, good refrigeration, fresh food, and employees who care about food safety.
KuKuKaChu: dangerously too sophisticated
Originally Posted By: KuKuKaChu

any restaurant in batam wanting to call itself "good" must have backup power supply, good refrigeration, fresh food, and employees who care about food safety.

Is that really impossible? Generators, proper refrigeration equipment, decent suppliers, and the proper training of employees. Is that asking too much or is it price prohibited? It seems simple planning and not doing as locals seem to do all over the country just rushing to put up any kind of business they can think of would help.

My wife may wish to set up a food business at some point after searching out Batam and looking at needs, traffic, and associated business related needs. We have a background of food service and the hospitality trade in the US. While finances won't allow an upscale sit down restaurant, they will allow a smaller scale enterprise. We have ideas that would work from a cart on up in size. Mainly wondering what foods are in need in Batam? We feel that nasi and mie are probably over played already just like all of Indonesia. Perhaps some American styled themes?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KuKuKaChu</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><br /> any restaurant in batam wanting to call itself &quot;good&quot; must have backup power supply, good refrigeration, fresh food, and employees who care about food safety. </div></div><br /> <br /> Is that really impossible? Generators, proper refrigeration equipment, decent suppliers, and the proper training of employees. Is that asking too much or is it price prohibited? It seems simple planning and not doing as locals seem to do all over the country just rushing to put up any kind of business they can think of would help.<br /> <br /> My wife may wish to set up a food business at some point after searching out Batam and looking at needs, traffic, and associated business related needs. We have a background of food service and the hospitality trade in the US. While finances won't allow an upscale sit down restaurant, they will allow a smaller scale enterprise. We have ideas that would work from a cart on up in size. Mainly wondering what foods are in need in Batam? We feel that nasi and mie are probably over played already just like all of Indonesia. Perhaps some American styled themes?
Quote:
Is that really impossible? Generators, proper refrigeration equipment, decent suppliers, and the proper training of employees. Is that asking too much or is it price prohibited?

not difficult, but it requires time, money and patience.

i'm not sure american themes would do well here. but western styles certainly would. your main challenge would be obtaining reliable stocks of raw materials. certain restaurants in batam do regular 'shopping trips' to singapore to overcome this problem.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that really impossible? Generators, proper refrigeration equipment, decent suppliers, and the proper training of employees. Is that asking too much or is it price prohibited?</div></div><br /> not difficult, but it requires time, money and patience. <br /> <br /> i'm not sure american themes would do well here. but western styles certainly would. your main challenge would be obtaining reliable stocks of raw materials. certain restaurants in batam do regular 'shopping trips' to singapore to overcome this problem.<br />
KuKuKaChu: dangerously too sophisticated
The main thing is always the meat and you can't go outside to get those supplies. You need a good supplier locally.
The main thing is always the meat and you can't go outside to get those supplies. You need a good supplier locally.
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft

Warning: session_write_close(): Session callback expects true/false return value in Unknown on line 0